Did you know that from 2010 the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has reported an estimated 39 million annual visits to non-federally employed, office-based dermatologists in the U.S!
Increasing demand for dermatology services is driven primarily by rising occurrence of skin cancer, in particular melanoma, and the aging of the population as per a Harris William report.
Despite having over 8,000 practising dermatologists, the USA is still short of professionals in this industry.
If for example you take Dermatologists near San Francisco, CA you will find that most have consultancies ranging from 30 minutes to 1.5 hours .And some are already booked weeks in advance.
Sfderm is one of the Bay Area Cosmetic Dermatology professionals.
One of their key cosmetic and laser surgery is Liposuction.
This is the most commonly done cosmetic surgery in the US.
Since time immemorial, people have always sought to change the shape of their bodies by use of :
- Body Shapers
But these sometimes don’t remove some stubborn fat deposits which show as uneven bulges in different parts of the body.In women the fat deposits occur mainly from the waist down, on hips, buttocks and outer thighs (saddlebags) while Fat deposits on men tend to accumulate above the waist, on the abdomen and sides of the waist (love handles).
A French surgeon Charles Dujarier was the first person to use relatively modern techniques for body contouring and removal of fat.
Liposuction surgery generally involves the removal of fat cells from the body and may be used alone or in conjunction with other procedures, such as a facelift or “tummy tuck”. It is designed for those who have specific areas of localized fat deposits and who have tried unsuccessfully to eliminate them through diet, exercise and weight loss. While the procedure is not designed to correct general obesity, any area where excess fat deposits have accumulated can be treated. These include the chin, neck, jowls, cheeks, arms, inner and outer thighs, buttocks, knees, hips and abdomen.
Who can undergo Liposuction ?
- Men and women in good physical condition with good skin elasticity are the best candidates for this surgery
- Men with enlarged breasts called gynecomastia can also benefit from this technique.
- Due to improvements in this technique, people of different ages can undergo the same, though an individual assessment needs to be done by the physician.
- Patient medical history taken and patient taken through the procedure
- After local or general anaesthesia, doctor injects some anaesthesia into the area to be operated on.
- Doctor then makes an incision under the skin ,loosen the fat and vacuums it away
- The incisions are closed, a compression dressing or bandage is then
Most of the Dermatologists near San Francisco, CA have rave reviews from clients who have undergone liposuction, if reading different testimonials from websites of the Bay Area Cosmetic Dermatology professionals is anything to go by.